Monday 25 May 2009

Recovering

It is two weeks since I lasted posted. You are probably wondering what I have been up to. Well, good news and bad news.

The bad news was that I had a terrible trip to the Big Smoke. Being rather large means that nobody wants to sit next to you on trains. And, if the train is crowded, they have no choice. I don't blame people for not wanting to sit next to me as I do tend to spill over into their territory, but, if looks could kill, I would be dead by now. When I arrived at the station, I needed the loo but couldn't fit into the cubicle. So had to abandon the attemp to empty my bladder and completed the rest of the journey with my fingers crossed, hoping not to have an accident.

The train journey was bad enough, but the underground was even worse. The barriers are not designed for larger women. I had to ask them to open the luggage barrier so that I could get through. On the escalators people kept pushing past in the "fast lane". I don't know why people are always half running in London but nobody seems to walk at a normal pace. I don't mind people pushing past me, but I do mind the whispered sounds of irritation.

So, all in all, quite humiliating.

The party was a disaster. I will describe it a some point but am not ready to talk about it yet. Cathy and I fell out and had a huge row. Needless to say we are still not talking.

But, one surprisingly good thing did happen.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment